Board Builder, a student and teacher tool found in Discovery Streaming, is a great way to deliver media content. It is completely flexible and allows for creativity. Think of presenting with a digital poster board.
To get started, log into your Discovery Streaming account:
Next, go to BUILDER TOOLS > BOARD BUILDER:
Select a theme:
Enter a TITLE and DESCRIPTION into the CREATE BOARD window and click CONTINUE:
Select an existing folder or use the ADD FOLDER button to add a new folder and click ADD:
- Click a text object to enter text
- Click the PENCIL button to display the EDIT TEXT toolbar:
- Use the EDIT TEXT toolbar to format the text object:
Complete one of the following to insert media into a media object:
- Click SEARCH to search the Discovery media library, click the orange +ADD button, and click the ADD SELECTED RESOURCES button
- Click MY CONTENT to access and insert media already saved in your MY CONTENT area
- Click UPLOAD to upload your own media
NOTE: The maximum file size for attachments is 100mb and the maximum amount of files is five.
PERMITTED FILE TYPES:
- Click the UPLOAD button found in the attachment object to upload a file
- Click the ADD FILES button
- Navigate to the preferred file on your computer
- Repeat steps 2-3 above to add other files NOTE: The maximum file amount is five
- Click START UPLOAD
- Click DONE after the upload process is complete
Working with Objects
Use the Editor Tools to undo an action, redo an action, change the theme of the board, add items (such as Headlines, Textboxes, Media, and Attachments), apply text styles, change the foreground colors and patterns, and change the background colors and patterns.
Save and Share
Before logging out of Discovery Streaming, be sure to click thebutton found in the top, right corner.
In order for others to see the board, click thebutton and select SCHOOL, DISTRICT, DE COMMUNITY, or NOT SHARED:
Watch this 5 minute video by Kayla Steiner on how to create and share your teacher board.